The announcement confirms Travelport’s commitment to helping airlines deliver their brand and product proposition to travel agents and travellers through all points of sale.
Launched in 2014, Rich Content and Branding allows network airlines and low-cost carriers to differentiate themselves through strong visuals and detailed descriptions of their products and services. This gives OTAs, travel agencies and bookers a real understanding of each airline’s offering and an excellent service to their customers when booking.
Having passed the milestone of 250 carriers, Travelport has now extended its leading position in airline merchandising by offering richer content to five times as many airlines as its nearest competitor. Airlines benefiting from branded fares and ancillaries include:
- British Airways: branded fares across its domestic and global network
- Air France/KLM: branded fares as well as bags, sports equipment and pets
- Lufthansa: branded fares and several ancillaries such as bags and unaccompanied minors
- Iberia: branded fares as well as bags
- Smaller and low-cost airlines such as Aegean, Ryanair and Loganair
Major airlines currently or soon offering access to their branded fares through Rich Content and Branding include Delta, China Southern Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Norwegian, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) and Avianca.
In addition, an increasing number of airlines such as Etihad Airways and Jetstar are introducing no-bag fares on long-haul routes, a development fully supported by Travelport’s Rich Content and Branding tool.