Explora Journeys today (17 May) announced a further strengthening of its commercial team in the United Kingdom and Continental Europe with an additional seven new appointments to support the travel advisor community.
The new roles, plus seven new positions in the Unites States have been created to ensure the new luxury lifestyle brand of the MSC Group can work effectively with its travel partners to maximise commercial opportunities.
Chris Austin, Chief Sales Officer said “all these new appointments in our Commercial team have deep luxury hospitality experience, are very well known, highly respected and have an unwavering commitment to the luxury travel advisor community. They are passionate and proactive consultative sellers, highly responsive to any advisor request, and are totally focused on mutual success.”
New UK and Continental Europe team members
- Andrew Schweitzer, Business Relationship Lead UK & Ireland, based in London, formerly with Quark Expeditions for eighteen months as Business Development Manager. Prior to that Andrew worked for Viking Cruises for nine years, both in the UK & Australia.
- Natalie Dorrington, Global Trade Marketing Expert based in London, formerly with The Cruise Portfolio as Marketing Manager supporting several luxury cruise lines with their trade and consumer marketing, event planning and promotional activities.
- Suzanne Kochen, Head of Sales Northern Europe based in Amsterdam, formerly with Crystal Cruises as Director of Sales International. Suzanne previously worked for two online start up luxury cruise specialists. Suzanne speaks Dutch, English and German.
- Paul Potrykus, Head of Sales Southern Europe based in Madrid, formerly with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts as Director of Global Sales for eleven years and prior to this with Suncani Hvar Hotels & Resorts as Chief Sales and Marketing officer for two years. Paul speaks English and German
- Daniel Zink, Business Relationship Lead DACH, based in Cologne, formerly with Seabourn & Holland America Line as Sales representative for Germany, Switzerland, and Austria for five years. Daniel speaks German and English.
- Gabriele Cornalba, Business Relationship Lead, Italy formerly with Viaggi del Mappamondo as the North Italian Region Manager for three years and prior to this was with Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and Silversea as Key Account Manager and Regional Sales Manager for two years. Gabriele speaks Italian and English.
- Sophia Weiss, Sales Excellence Specialist based in Geneva and previously worked with Camping Vision AG as Content and Sales Specialist for a year. Before this, she was with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd as Sales Admin Executive for two years. Sophia speaks German, English and Spanish.
Explora Journeys’ first of four ships is on track to make her debut at sea in twelve months` time, May 2023. EXPLORA I will visit 132 ports in 40 different countries, including two destinations, Kastellorizo, Greece and Saint Pierre, Martinique that have not been visited by cruise ships before. The itineraries include the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the UK, Iceland, Greenland, Canada, the U.S. East Coast, Caribbean, South America, and Hawaii. Sailings start from 6-night journeys and culminate in an epic 44-night Northern Europe, Grand Journey.
For further information on Explora Journeys, please visit https://explorajourneys.com//