As of 1 April 2021, ticket refunds for cancelled flights can be self-managed in the GDS, regardless of the flight date, as long as they comply with Iberia’s guidelines for self-managing refunds.
Any refund request that is not related to cancelled flights or does not comply with Iberia’s guidelines for self-managing refunds must be made via BSPLink, otherwise an ADM will be issued.
As a novelty, NDC tickets will now follow the refund process via BSP link.
Full ticket refund:
- If the cancellation has occurred on IB Group flights (IB, YW, I2), it will be self-managed by the agency.
- If there is at least one flight operated by IB (IB, YW, I2) that has been cancelled, even if the ticket also contains flights operated by other companies, it will be self-managed by the agency.
- If the cancellations have occurred on flights operated by other companies, it should be requested through BSPLink.
Refund of partially used ticket:
- Not self-manageable (requires intervention by the airline).
- The change only applies to new refund requests from 1 April 2021. It does not apply to refund requests already submitted through BSPLink