Travel agents, exhibitors and sponsors were able to relax, unwind and have a laugh as some not so serious awards – and some serious awards too – were handed over.
The Alternative Awards were again sponsored by Blue Insurance with Blue’s Ciaran Mulligan doing the presentations in tandem with the irrepressible Julian Simmons as MC.
Among the citations this year were for the ‘Sleeping Beauty Award’, ‘Last Man Standing’, ‘Caught on Camera’, and the ‘Super Fan’ award.
The award for the Best Stand at the Big Travel Trade Event went to The Hard Rock Hotel, Tenerife, while the Big Travel Trade Event Legend award went to Danny Giles of Hurtigruten.
These were two of the more serious award presented on the night, but on the whole they were intended to be lighthearted, and they certainly were received that way by the 300 dinner guests.
The rest of the awards were:
- Sleeping Beauty – Brian Gillespie (sponsored by Blue Insurance)
- Last Man Standing – Johnny Fielding, (sponsored by Jet2holidays)
- Go to the Opening of an Envelope award – Terra Travel (sponsored by Blue Insurance)
- Carry Out award – Tracey Duffy (sponsored by MSC Cruises)
- Caught on Camera award – Robert Wilson (sponsored by Royal Caribbean International)
- Posh and Becks award – Aaron and Jenny Fletcher (sponsored by Blue Insurance)
- Super Fan award – Sandra Corkin (sponsored by Blue Insurance)