American Airlines is announcing our most generous travel policies to date to provide travellers peace of mind and greater flexibility in light of concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19).
For existing and unused tickets
Today, American Airlines are extending their offer to waive change fees for customers who have purchased travel through September 30, 2020. This offer is available for any of American’s fares, and customers will have until December 31, 2021, for future travel. Fare rules may apply depending on the ticket. Additional updates on existing travel alerts can be found on SalesLink.
- Any ticket purchased on or before April 7, 2020, for travel between March 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020, will not incur a change fee prior to travel. Customers must pay any fare difference, if applicable, at time of ticketing of the new fare.
- Plus, if you have an unused ticket with an expiration date that is between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020, the value of your unused ticket can be used for travel through December 31, 2021.
- All AAdvantage award tickets are included in this offer.
- Customers are allowed to change their origin and destination cities as part of this new offer.
- Travel must be completed by December 31, 2021.
Extending flexible fare offering
In addition, AA have extended our flexible fare offering that includes a waived change fee for customers who purchase new travel through May 31, 2020. Customers will have even more flexibility since any ticket purchased by the end of May will not incur a change fee prior to travel. The offer is available for any of American’s published nonrefundable fares.
- Any ticket purchased from March 1, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. CT through May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT will not incur a change fee prior to travel.
- This is available for any of American’s non-refundable published fares.