From Cheshire’s Tatton Park to Castle Ward in County Down, the UK is home to some of the most iconic (and photogenic) sites in the world.
Luckily for us, many are listed under the National Trust umbrella; a trust which, in 2020, is celebrating 125 years as Europe’s largest conservation charity.
The number of hashtags for each site, either by name or name followed by the words national trust, were individually counted to gain the results.
TOP 3 HIGHLIGHTS:
Cheshire’s Tatton Park is the most popular National Trust house on Instagram. The site is home to an historic estate with Tudor hall, neo-classical mansion, lavish gardens and a deer park. To date, it has been tagged over 77,000 times on Instagram.
Next is Stourhead, located near Mere, Wiltshire and home to a Palladian house and world-famous landscape garden, in second place (53,273 Instagram hashtags.)
Third is Dunham Massey, in Greater Manchester. Not only does the site hold a garden for all seasons and an ancient deer park, but a house filled with treasures too. A Grade One listed-building, Dunham Massey Hall was built in the early 17th century by the Earls of Warrington and, at 49,278 hashtags, it’s one of the most photogenic National Trust sites in the UK.
- Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire – 77,366
- Stourhead, Mere, Wiltshire – 53,273
- Dunham Massey, Altrincham, Greater Manchester – 49,278
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal, Ripon, North Yorkshire – 46,781
- Lyme , Stockport, Cheshire – 46,063
- Avebury, Marlborough, Wiltshire – 44,069
- Waddesdon, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire – 34,976
- Calke Abbey, Derby, Derbyshire – 30,394
- Knole , Sevenoaks, Kent – 22,278
- Belton House, Grantham, Lincolnshire – 19,965
- Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire – 19,147
- Scotney Castle, Tunbridge Wells, Kent – 19,124
- Nymans, Haywards Heath, West Sussex – 18,066
- Tyntesfield, Bristol, North Somerset – 17,958
- Dyrham Park, Bath, Gloucestershire – 16,483
- Sissinghurst Castle Garden, Cranbrook, Kent – 15,909
- Kingston Lacy, Wimborne Minster, Dorset – 15,406
- Osterley Park and House, Isleworth, Middlesex – 15,109
- Ham House and Garden, Richmond, Surrey – 14,870
- Castle Ward, Downpatrick, County Down – 14,857