Rated as one of the best value safari experiences in Africa, THE BUSHCAMP COMPANY once again ‘ups their game’ with some exciting new upgrades across Mfuwe Lodge and the camps.
Andy Hogg, who has pioneered exceptional safaris in Zambia, is always on the lookout for ways to enhance guest experiences and continue providing outstanding wildlife experience in the South Luangwa.
- The ideal stopover when you arrive in the South Luangwa directly from an international flight. Regroup at Mfuwe Lodge, enjoy the lodge and ease into the amazing safari that awaits.
WHAT’S NEW AT THE LODGE?
- Major refurb of the reception, dining areas, library, deck, pool and rooms.
- NEW Family Villa, with 2 en-suite bedrooms and private guide and vehicle – min 4 adults.
- NEW photographic studio, with photographic workshop facilities.
- Within easy reach of Mfuwe Lodge, Kuyenda is undergoing upgrades and a market repositioning when it reopens in mid June.
WHAT’S THE PLAN FOR KUYENDA?
- A 5th chalet makes this camp ideal for groups of friends or extended families travelling together. Accommodates a max 10 guests.
- Along with the additional chalet is a second guide & 4×4 in camp
- Refurb of the main area, and the bucket showers will be replaced with hot and cold running water in the en-suite bathrooms.
- Perfect for romance in the bush, Kapamba’s two salas are being configured into a romantic raised sleepout deck with toilet underneath. Who doesn’t love sleeping under the stars and having a loo right there in the middle of the night?
WHAT’S NEW AT KAPAMBA?
- Cool off in the NEW rim-flow pool in the main deck which will overlook the Kapamba River for the ultimate refreshing dip with a view.
- The 2 salas will double as a raised sleepout deck, with a loo underneath.
- All 4 rooms are getting a refurb with sunken bathtubs replaced by large double showers.
- Due to the refurb, Kapamba will open 2 weeks later than usual, on 27 April.
NEW FOR MFUWE LODGE & ALL BUSHCAMPS
- PHOTOGRAPHIC VEHICLES — in addition to the studio at Mfuwe Lodge, the new photographic vehicles have their sides removed so that photographers can get right on the floor of the vehicle for that perfect angle.
- YOGA — mindfulness in the bush, available at both Mfuwe Lodge and the Bushcamps (subject to availability of the instructors).