Crystal Symphony has emerged from dry dock, returning to the seas with newly designed spaces, features and amenities that luxury travellers crave.
The ship’s new Open Seating dining concept ushers in new restaurants on board, while more of the spacious, butler-serviced Penthouse accommodations were added. Throughout the ship, state-of-the-art technological upgrades were installed, enhancing guests’ connectivity and access to entertainment and news on demand. The month-long dry dock redesign marks the most expansive makeover in Crystal Symphony’s esteemed history, and reaffirms Crystal’s commitment to providing the most luxurious ocean experiences in the world.
“The enhancements made on Crystal Symphony provide guests with more choices and flexibility than ever before, whether it’s the ability to dine at their leisure, stay connected to family and friends on shore, or enjoy a variety of new entertainment options onboard,” says Crystal’s president and CEO, Tom Wolber. “While we continue to innovate at the forefront of the industry, our focus will always be on the consistent quality and personal attention to detail and service that makes Crystal Cruises the world’s most awarded luxury cruise line.”
Crystal Symphony’s new look is decidedly modern, particularly in regard to the high-tech features in staterooms and penthouses, although the ship still boasts the classic elegance that has enabled it to transcend trends throughout the years. Crystal Symphony’s stunning redesign includes:
- Symphony now features more spacious, butler-serviced Penthouses and Penthouse Suites, with the newly added Seabreeze Penthouse with Verandah (12 new suites) and Seabreeze Penthouse Suite with Verandah (28 new suites), both occupying Deck 9, Seabreeze. Penthouse accommodations offer guests enhanced all-inclusive Crystal amenities, including butler service and in-room speciality dining. Penthouse guests now receive unlimited complimentary dining at the onboard specialty restaurants.
- The conversion of staterooms into the new penthouse accommodations effectively reduces the ship’s guest capacity to 848, while the number of crew on board remains the same. Crystal has long led the industry in abundant space and number of crew per guest aboard its ships, and the decreased guest capacity enhances the atmosphere of copious space in public areas and dining venues.</p>
- Upon completion of Crystal Symphony’s dry dock, all guests now enjoy unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi throughout any Crystal voyage aboard all Crystal vessels. Crystal’s investment in technological amenities for guests includes hardware and software enhancements to enable expanded Internet connectivity and doubled satellite speed.
- Additionally, a new guest portal – Crystal Connect – is now featured on the landing page of onboard Internet connections.
- In all rooms throughout the ship – in each stateroom and in all public areas – high-definition, interactive flat-panel TVs enable guests to conveniently access onboard programmes, view the Crystal Spa & Salon menu, the Connoisseur Wine Selection and dining menus.
Several favourite shipboard spaces also enjoy reimagined designs, while maintaining their inherent function as part of guests’ onboard experience. Crystal Symphony’s mid-ship Starlite Club, a hub for evening dancing and cocktails, was also refitted, boasting a fresh design to complement its vast sea views and brand new technological capabilities.
Underlining the newly revamped entertainment venues is a brand-new production show, Crystal in Motion. The production showcases the vast repertoire of the Crystal Ensemble, featuring various genres of music and dance, and replaces the former “welcome aboard” show in the Galaxy Lounge. Additionally, the ship will offer evening-long entertainment options around the ship as guests enjoy anytime dining.
Crystal will continue its investment into its award-winning ocean ships with the equally extensive redesign for Crystal Serenity, set for autumn 2018.