Travellers could save £400 per person on four-night land experiences, which have been carefully curated by the cruise line’s destination experts to extend two Silver Moon voyages departing in 2020.
Deeply moving and mysterious, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is one of South America’s most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, the mist-shrouded ancient ruins, which sprawl across a 7,000-foot-tall mountaintop of lush vegetation, offer travellers an enriching adventure into Peru’s cultured history.
For new bookings made before 30 November 2019, guests travelling on Silver Moon’s 23 November or 8 December 2020, could enjoy a £400 per-person saving on the Machu Picchu Explorer land programme.
The Land Experience: Machu Picchu Explorer
This four-night land programme is available as a pre or post-cruise extension on select Silver Moon voyages. From Lima, Silversea’s guests will take a scheduled flight to the historic city of Cusco, nestled high up in the Andes. From here, they will enjoy two days of discovery in the Sacred Valley, from which they will travel by train to Machu Picchu. Highlights of the immersive experience include:
• Marvel at stunning landscapes and learn about the traditional culture of the Sacred Valley on a motor coach tour to the rustic village of Chinchero. Once a major agricultural hub of the Inca Empire, today it is renowned for its colourful woven textiles.
• On your second day in the Sacred Valley, witness massive Inca ruins surrounding the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, where you’ll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a Peruvian Paso horse show.
• Embark on a scenic rail journey of about two hours to Machu Picchu, aboard PeruRail’s Vistadome train. Relax as the train passes through the spectacular scenery of the Urubamba Valley. The trip ends at the Aguas Calientes station at the foot of Machu Picchu.
• Discover the famous Lost City of the Incas with the insights and local perspective of an expert guide, before strolling through the wonders of this ancient citadel on your own. Feel its pulse while visualising the lives of the priests, craftsmen, and servants who lived in this incredible site. Unlock the colonial charm and indigenous culture of Cusco on a motor coach tour that includes a visit to Coricancha, or Temple of the Sun—a showpiece of the city’s Inca and colonial history.
• Accommodation at deluxe hotels
• Economy class flights: Lima-Cusco-Lima
• Daily breakfast, plus three lunches and three dinners
• PeruRail Vistadome journey to and from Machu Picchu
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu
• Transfers between airport and hotels in air-conditioned vehicles
“Our four-night Machu Picchu land programme takes guests deep into the heart and culture of Peru, capturing the essence of this ancient destination,” said Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer. “For those planning to visit Machu Picchu, this special savings offer is the perfect opportunity to immerse oneself into its charms, under the knowledgeable guidance of local guides. Our expertly designed land experiences combine perfectly with Silver Moon’s itineraries to offer a truly seamless experience.”
The Machu Picchu Explorer programme is available on the following 15-day Silver Moon voyages:
• Departing 23 November 2020 – Fort Lauderdale to Lima (Callao): Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, this remarkable voyage calls in Willemstad, Curaçao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; the San Blas Islands; Panama City (Fuerte Amador) on an overnight call, Panama; Manta, Ecuador; and Salaverry and Lima (Callao), Peru. Early Booking Bonus fares start from £5,850 per person.
• Departing 8 December 2020 – Lima (Callao) to Fort Lauderdale: Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, the voyage offers guests an overnight call in Lima (Callao), before calling in Salaverry, Peru; Manta, Ecuador; Panama City (Fuerte Amador) on an overnight call; Puerto Limón, Costa Rica; Roatan Island, Honduras; Santo Tomás, Guatemala; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico.
Guests who book by 30 November 2019, may take advantage of an exclusive South America Air Offer to enjoy included economy roundtrip air, or reduced business class air, for flights from select UK gateways, plus included transfers between airport and ship.
Introducing Silver Moon
Guests can fully connect with the people, culture, history and cuisine of each destination as they enjoy the luxurious onboard amenities of Silversea’s new ultra-luxury ship, Silver Moon. Scheduled for delivery in August 2020, Silver Moon will build on the success of her sister ship, Silver Muse, to establish a new era of Silversea. At 40,700 gross tons and with a guest capacity of 596, Silver Moon will maintain the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodations that are the hallmarks of the Silversea experience. Silver Moon will also feature the all-new Sea and Land Taste programme (S.A.L.T.) – a pioneering new culinary programme that will enable guests to travel deeper through a range of destination-based gastronomic experiences.
For more information on the Machu Picchu Explorer land programmes contact your local travel agency