The countdown to Christmas has started, and Historic Royal Palaces’ beautiful Hillsborough Castle and Gardens is getting ready to welcome its glittering Illuminated Trail this year, between 3 December and 2 January 2022.
Get your Christmas sparkle on and be surrounded by over a million twinkling lights, colourful trees and amazing illuminated installations, all choreographed to a soundtrack of much-loved seasonal classics, transforming Hillsborough’s majestic gardens into a winter wonderland, and don’t forget to look out for Father Christmas.
New Trail highlights:
- Christmas Cathedral – this much loved and much photographed installation comes to Hillsborough showering the glow of a thousand pea lights as you walk under the tall arches
- River of Fire –flickering bulbs of fire cover the grass mixed with primitive fire cans and real flames
- Laser Garden – immerse yourself in a sea of green lasers that dance across the path and through clouds of mist hanging in the night air
- Independent street food vendors bring a delicious twist to tasty treats on offer. Complete your walk under the stars with *toasted marshmallows, a *spiced winter warmer or *hot chocolate shared with someone special.
- My Christmas at Hillsborough Castle and Gardens provides a special way to celebrate the festive season with an unmissable outdoor experience and a simple gift to buy for others. The trail is designed for visitors of all ages and is accessible to all to enjoy.
- Tickets are selling fast, book now to avoid disappointment: http://hrp.org.uk/christmasathillsborough
(Christmas at Hillsborough Castle and Gardens is brought to you by Sony Music in partnership with Historic Royal Palaces. The trail is created by Culture Creative)
What: Christmas at Hillsborough Castle and Gardens – The after-dark illuminated trail through festive gardens
When: 3 December 2021 – 2 January 2022 Not Open 6, 7, 25 Dec
Open from 4:30pm with last entry 8pm (7.15pm on 24, 26, 31 Dec)
Why Visit: Discover a Christmas illuminated trail for all the family set within the beautiful
landscape of the Hillsborough Castle and Gardens.
Admission: Prices From:
- Adult £18, Child £12, Family £56 (2 adults & 2 children).
- Free entry for carers and children aged 2 & under.
- Save 10% on groups of 15+ for details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking is free of charge; however, spaces are limited and must be
- booked in advance along with your trail tickets.
Address: Hillsborough Castle and Gardens, The Square, Hillsborough, BT26 6AG
For more information or to book tickets, please visit hrp.org.uk/christmasathillsborough