The countdown to Christmas has started as Historic Royal Palaces’ beautiful Hillsborough Castle and Gardens opened its glittering Illuminated Trail on Friday 3 December.
Christmas sparkle and a soundtrack of much-loved seasonal classics transformed Hillsborough’s majestic gardens into a winter wonderland. Visitors marvelled at over a million twinkling lights, colourful trees and amazing illuminated installations.
Fun Facts for the New Trail:
- The 24m long Christmas Cathedral glistens
- 14 Apple Trees sparkle with blossom
- The River of Fire is 80m long
- 5 shimmering Chandeliers hang in the woodland
- A garden of playful luminous lasers
- A glade of glittering snowdrops
- A spectacular sculpture set on a lake
- A glimpse into Father Christmas’ workshop
- The finest local produce to feast on
- A team of almost 50 people to build the show
- And memory making moments under the Mistletoe
Independent street food vendors bring a delicious twist to tasty treats on offer. Warm up on the walk by toasting marshmallows over the fire, sipping a *spiced winter warmer or hot chocolate shared with someone special.
My Christmas at Hillsborough Castle and Gardens provides a special way to celebrate the festive season with an unmissable outdoor experience and a simple gift to buy for others. The trail is designed for visitors of all ages and is accessible to all to enjoy.
Tickets are selling fast, book now to avoid disappointment: hrp.org.uk/christmasathillsborough
Christmas at Hillsborough Castle and Gardens is brought to you by Sony Music in partnership with Historic Royal Palaces. The trail is created by Culture Creative.