Available through the Carnival Adventures programme, hundreds of shore excursions will be offered where guests can explore centuries-old historic sites and landmarks, savour delicious local cuisine and view spectacular scenery, including the majestic Norwegian fjords.
“We’ve put together an unmatched programme of European cruises, featuring off-the-beaten path destinations as well as some of the most popular seaside port cities. There’s no better way to Choose Fun in Europe!” said Christine Duffy, President of Carnival Cruise Line.
Iain Baillie, Carnival Cruise Line’s Vice President of International Sales, added: “UK travel agents love the Carnival brand in the Caribbean and have been telling us how much they and their customers would like to see a Carnival ship in Europe. We’ve listened to what our travel agent partners have said and, as a result, will have both Carnival Legend and Carnival Radiance offering some fantastic itineraries in Europe in 2020.”
Unique European Itineraries on Carnival Legend
In 2020, Carnival Legend will boast the company’s most comprehensive European schedule ever, offering an unprecedented variety of destinations, cruise durations and embarkation ports.
- A 16-day Northern trans-Atlantic crossing from New York to Dover from 3rd to 19th June, featuring day-long visits to these spectacular destinations: Qaqortoq, Reykjavik, Lerwick, Belfast and Cork.
- A nine-day Norwegian Fjords cruise round-trip from Dover from 19th to 28th June, visiting six scenic Norwegian ports: Bergen, Olden, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund and Stavanger, with ample opportunities to view the majestic Norwegian fjords.
- A nine-day Western Europe from Dover to Barcelona from 28th June to 7th July, visiting Le Havre, La Coruña, Leixoes, Lisbon, Gibraltar and Malaga.
- Nine to 12-day Mediterranean cruises between Venice and Barcelona with stops at some of Europe’s most beautiful and sought-after destinations, including Marseilles, Livorno, Rome, Naples, Kotor, Corfu, Valletta, Dubrovnik and Rijeka.
- A 16-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to Tampa from 30th October to 15th November, highlighted by visits to Malaga, Funchal Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Antigua, San Juan and Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic.
Carnival Legend Voyages from Tampa, New York
Before her summer in Europe, Carnival Legend will operate a 13-day Carnival Journeys Panama Canal voyage from Tampa to New York from 3rd to 16th May 2020, with calls in Cozumel and Limon prior to a partial Panama Canal transit followed by visits to Cartagena, Aruba and Grand Turk.
Once in New York, Carnival Legend will operate two nine-day Caribbean sailings departing 16th and 25th May 2020 and featuring San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk.
Carnival Legend will also offer a schedule of six and seven-day Caribbean sailings featuring calls at a variety of tropical islands including Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), as well as eight-day partial Panama Canal voyages round-trip from Tampa in winter 2020-21.