Ashford Castle’s General Manager, Niall Rochford was on hand to welcome the first guests to Ashford Castle following its fourteen week closure due to the restrictions surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
Niall confirmed that despite some health & safety adaptations, guests will still enjoy the same luxury break for which Ashford Castle is renowned including:
- The famous Ashford Castle breakfast that includes freshly cooked ham on the bone served straight from the carving trolley.
- The grounds and gardens – more than 350 acres of woodland, walled gardens and outdoor space to explore and enjoy.
- The outdoor activities including kayaking, golf, zip-lining, horse-riding, fishing and falconry at Ireland’s oldest school of falconry.
- Ashford Castle’s private cinema with twice daily screenings, which can now be booked by guests for private viewings at this time.
- Cronan & Garvan – a visit to Ashford Castle would not be complete without meeting the estate’s most famous resident guests, the Irish wolfhounds that accompany guests on their morning walk.
- The Wine Cellars – private wine tastings and private dining set amongst the castle’s secret passageways.
- The warm welcome from the team, many of whom have worked at Ashford Castle for more than 25 years and help create the relaxed atmosphere that all guests enjoy during their visit.