New data has revealed that the British abroad are enjoying a taste of home by having a string of traditional foods sent to them, with cheese and onion crisps, squash and Bisto gravy also common shelf fillers.
Scampi Fries, Frazzles and tomato soup also emerged among a list of goods those who have left our shores cannot live without.
According to figures released by British Corner Shop, Brits who now live in Australia are rushing to cram their cupboards with Shreddies and oxtail soup.
Ex-pats who now enjoy life in the U.S are opting for Heinz baked beans, Warburtons Crumpets and Robinsons squash.
And those who now live in Spain are buying gingernuts, Bisto gravy and Aptamil baby milk the truckload.
A spokesperson for British Corner Shop, who produced an infographic to show the products most commonly bought by expat Brits around the world, said: “Moving abroad to sunnier climates or more exotic scenery makes sense for thousands of British expats every year, and many take the plunge and up sticks.
“Though regardless of the exciting new life you find in a new country, it can be hard to let go of those familiar home comfort which may not grace the shelve of your new local supermarket.
“Weirdly, many of our expats have baby milk on their minds, as well as the odd Brit-centric snacks and treats we seem to have a taste for here, like Frazzles, Jaffa Cakes and a good buttery crumpet.
“It gives an interesting insight into the diet of the typical Brit, who when taken out of their natural habitat still craves Heinz baked beans, Robinsons squash and McVities gingernuts.”
British Corner Shop also revealed some of the orders they have shipped to more unusual parts of the world.
One expat in the Philippines got in contact to satiate their craving for Ambrosia, with an order of five Milk Chocolate Custard Pots and four Strawberry Rice Pots.
MOST POPULAR EX PAT PRODUCTS – US (in the last 12 months)
- Heinz Baked Beans in tomato Sauce – 5,870
- Warburtons Crumpets 6 pack – 3,454
- Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash – 2,720
- McVities Jaffa Cakes 10 pack – 2,645
- Robinsons Orange Squash – 2,614
- Milupa Aptamil Follow On Milk Ready to Drink – 2,448
- Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup – 1,958
- Cadburys Flake 4 pack – 1,840
- Cadburys Crunchie 4 pack – 1,587
- Bisto Gravy Granules – 1,576
MOST POPULAR EX PAT PRODUCTS – SPAIN
- Warburtons Crumpets 6 pack – 1,125
- McVities Ginger Nuts – 1,114
- Robinsons Orange Squash – 645
- Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash – 530
- Milupa Aptamil Follow On Milk Ready to Drink – 473
- Milupa Aptamil First Milk Ready to Drink – 468
- Bisto Gravy Granule – 439
- Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix – 400
- Rubicon Sparkling Lychee Juice Drink – 361
- Robinsons Squash’d Summer Fruits – 305
MOST POPULAR EXPAT PRODUCTS – AUSTRALIA
- Heinz Baked Beans – 2,230
- Milupa Aptamil First Milk Ready to Drink – 535
- Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps 6 Pack – 443
- Smiths Bacon Fries – 399
- Smiths Scampi Fries – 351
- Walkers Frazzles 8 pack – 307
- Nestle Shreddies – 294
- Mr Porky Prime Cut Scratchings Single Bag – 274
- Heinz Oxtail Soup – 271
- Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps 6 pack – 270