Meanwhile, the top five UK ‘Hen do’ destinations are London, Nottingham, Newcastle, Cardiff and Manchester.
The worldwide hen-do index ranks city destinations based on a variety of lifestyle factors, such as the best night outs, cost of food and alcohol as well as weather guarantee (because no-one wants it to be raining during their celebration).
According to the study, conducted by Mecca Bingo, the top 10 hen-do destinations in the world are:
• Prague – good for nights out and cheap food, with the average price of a meal just £4.98
• Barcelona – good for sunny weather and relaxing spas. The Spanish city gets an average of 6 days rainfall per month and houses an amazing 556 spas. Also has a beach nearby.
• London – good for nights out, relaxing spas and home comforts. The Big Smoke has the most bars and clubs of all cities worldwide
• Madrid – good for bars, clubs and cheap taxi fares. The city comprises of 613 bars with cab prices starting at just £2.26 and a good choice for sun-worshipping hens too
• Budapest – good for cheap food and alcohol, with the average cost of a bottle of wine just £4 and main meals an affordable £4.89.
• Sofia – good for cheap food and taxis. Average cab fares are just £0.35 and main meals are £4.80
• Berlin – good for cheap booze and nights out. Berlin has 515 clubs and average bottle of wine is just £4.27
• Moscow – good for cab fares with the average taxi costing just £1.17
• Bangkok – A tropical long haul destination, good for spas and food prices, with the average meal costing just £1.89
• Krakow – good for taxi costs and food prices. Is known as a popular cheap getaway and popular for hen and stag parties. Average taxi fares are just £1.39
Prague, Barcelona and London beat beach destinations Marbella and Ibiza and Benidorm as the top three destinations for a hen-do worldwide.
Benidorm ranks 15th of the index, Marbella 25th and Ibiza 30th. Sunny Tenerife and Cancun both beat them too with cheaper food and drink on offer.
With a score of 9.6, Czech capital, Prague, tops the list with an excellent mix of things you could want for a perfect hen do. It has an enormous 620 bars and clubs, which is the second highest amount out of all the cities, making it an excellent night out. More ‘early night’ than ‘crazy night’? You could have a spa weekend and choose from one of Prague’s 161 establishments. It’s also a cheap eat, with the average price of a meal just £4.98.
The Spanish city of Barcelona is the second-best destination for a hen do, getting a score of 9.2. With just 6.38 days of rainfall on average per month and 556 spas to enjoy, this vivid city is great for relaxing and soaking up the sun. With 531 bars and clubs, and the average price of a bottle of wine being just £4.27, it’s also a great night out.
London came in third, with a score of 9.1. It has the most bars and clubs out of all the destinations we looked at, and, unsurprisingly for the UK’s capital, it also has the most restaurants serving British food. Plus, it’s got the second highest amount of spas out of all the places we looked at, offering an escape from city life. But bear in mind that your meals, taxis, and bottles of wine could really chip into your bank balance.
With 1014 bars and clubs, London is a paradise for hens looking to drink and dance the night away, closely followed by Prague at 620.
If you want a meal that doesn’t break the bank, and you don’t mind the airfare, try Thailand. Bangkok offers the cheapest average meal, at £1.89, while Phuket is £2.39. Yet, for a bottle of wine, they’re the most expensive: £17.34 on average in Bangkok, £15.55 in Phuket. The Spanish destinations of Valencia and Benidorm are the cheapest for vino, at £8.54 and £8.58 respectively.
Bangkok offers the cheapest average meal at just £1.89, whereas Budapest, Madrid and Barcelona offer the best value for alcohol at £4.27.
Paris is perfect for a spa weekend: there are 933 places you and the girls can be pampered – the most of all destinations we looked at. Second is closer to home: London has 786 spas for you to spend your weekend at. If you’re after a faraway destination, Bangkok has the third-biggest selection of spas, with 680.
Las Vegas is best if you don’t want rain. With an average of 2.21 days of rainfall per month, it should be easy to avoid the wet weather. If you want to get some sunbathing in, then choose a Spanish city or island. Benidorm has the second least amount of rainfall on our list: around 3.58 days a month. Ibiza is in third, with 3.75 days. They’re followed by Valencia, Tenerife, Madrid, and Barcelona.
Susanne Svensson, Head of Brand and Delivery at Mecca Bingo said: “With wedding season coming up, we wanted to find out the perfect hen do destinations for brides-to-be. From relaxing city breaks to big nights out, each destination has been analysed to find out the best locations based on what hens want out of the hen party”.
Also on the list are UK destinations people wouldn’t normally associate with hen dos, with London, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool appearing in the list.
Owned by the Rank Group Plc, Mecca is one of the largest Bingo and Slots operators in the UK. Mecca provides popular games, fun and entertainment through its 83 clubs and via Meccabingo.com online and mobile channels.