The United Kingdom is filled with beautiful locations that are perfect for Instagram. With fragrant flowers and glorious surrounds, the United Kingdom is home to some of the most instagrammable botanic gardens. Essential Living have rounded up the most photographic UK gardens.
First up is the Royal Botanic Gardens, situated in London. This could be down to its alluring giant lily pads and luscious aquatic plants, situated on a tranquil indoor pond.
Second up was Longleat, located in Warminster in South West England. This garden also came in strong with 237,387 Instagram hashtags, and a staggering 143,000 Instagram followers. The stunning stately home comes equipped with a maze and a steam train ride for children, offering many opportunities for Instagram pictures.
In third was Hever Castle and Gardens, situated in Hever, South East England. This stunning location is the stuff of fairytales, encouraging an unsurprising 79,603 Instagram hashtags. Surrounded by a moat, the garden also offers jousting and archery shows – which also offer the option to take some great pictures for the ‘Gram. With 63,600 Instagram followers, it is no wonder that this stunningly scenic area is so high up on our life of picture-perfect gardens.
Other things the study found:
- Arundel Castle and Gardens, based in South East England and established in 1067, was named the most historic garden on the list.
- Longleat, in Warminster, was crowned ‘most Instagrammable’ with over 237k people capturing their visits.
- The most modern botanic garden in the study was Kilcoan Gardens in Northern Ireland, established in 2002.
- The biggest public garden to walk your dog in the UK is Grimsthorpe Castle, boasting around 3000 acres of land.
- The best city to own a private garden in the UK is Liverpool.
All information gathered by Essential Living. View the full report at https://www.essentialliving.co.uk/blog/the-uk-garden-index/