And, as Wimbledon fever sets in, online booking system eviivo has revealed ten B&Bs across the country with smashing tennis facilities to inspire holidaymakers to channel their inner Roger Federer and Serena Williams.
From dropshots in the Cotswolds to backhands in the Highlands, these properties across the UK serve up a variety of tennis facilities that are certain to make a racquet on the court.
- Beacon Hall House – Set within 7 acres of gardens and grounds with views over the Kentish Weald, this stylish B&B not only offers guests the chance of a game, set and match on the on-site tennis court, but they can also enjoy a swim in the outdoor heated swimming pool. – Beneden, Kent
- Abbots Grange – The grounds at this medieval manor, dating back to 1320, offer top tennis facilities, a croquet lawn and even a helipad, while guests are provided with all the modern comforts and amenities as well as taste of the past. – Broadway, Gloucestershire
- Battens Farm Cottages – An organic farm based in a tranquil Cotswolds village, guests staying in the self-catered rooms can access the farm’s own tennis court. After a set decider, guests’ breakfasts can feature free-range eggs from the farm and delicious sausages from pigs reared in the orchard. – Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Tregaddra Farmhouse B&B – Whether you want a game on the all weather tennis court, fancy a dip in the covered seasonal swimming pool, to unwind in the garden or enjoy star-gazing on a clear night, this farmhouse on the Lizard Penninsula offers relaxing, peaceful accommodation with magnificent views. – Helston, Cornwall
- Ballylagan Organic Farm Guest House – This guest house is a recently renovated 19th century property where guests can play after the sun goes down on a floodlit tennis facility. On-site amenities also include an all-organic tea room, cycle hire and a farm shop. – Ballyclare, Northern Ireland
- Glebe House Cottages – Situated on a five-acre estate, the cottages have plenty of facilities to keep the whole family entertained, including an all weather tennis court, a heated swimming pool and a children’s play area. These luxurious self-catering holiday cottages are located just 10 minutes from the North Devon coast. – Holsworthy, Devon
- The Coppleridge Inn – A beautiful family- and dog-friendly country pub with rooms in the heart of Dorset, The Coppleridge Inn offers great food, comfort and hospitality, 10 spacious rooms, a wealth of county walks and two courts for a hit around. – Motcombe, Dors
- Hurst Farm – An outdoor pool and grass tennis court in sensational grounds make for a very appealing property nestled in the heart of the Kent countryside. The rooms also boast a four-poster bed, superior linens and a double-ended free-standing bath that make this B&B well worth a visit! – Crockham Hill, Kent
- Sutton Hall Resort – A sympathetic conversion of an 18th century manor house and gardens providing 14 apartments and cottages, all within 24 acres of grounds and with excellent facilites including indoor pool and 2 all-weather tennis courts. – Thirsk, North Yorkshire
- The Highland Club – The Highland Club offers wondrous tennis facilities with a plush court, and table tennis table; there’s also space for badminton, croquet, boules and even cricket! A self-catering complex in 20 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds on the southern shores of Loch Ness that guests love – Fort Augustus, Highlands, Scotland